November 4 - 26, 2023
Reception: Saturday, November 4, 5:00 -7:00 PM
This annual community exhibit of 12x12 inch artworks is a celebration of tiny experiments in color, shape and materials by artists of all ages.
CALL FOR ART
Entry Fee: $20 | Drop Off: October 28-29 |Pick Up: November 27, 2023
This is a jury-free exhibit of 12”x12” artworks. All skill levels are welcome to participate. The entry fee includes a complementary canvas, however, you may use your own surface.
You may use any medium you want. Collage, assemblage, textile, wire sculpture, paper clay, origami, found objects, you name it! Let your imagination run wild! Use it as a platform for a sculpture, hang it from the ceiling, make it a box, use the reverse side, stretch your favorite fabric over it, weave it, upholster it, knit over it, felt it, use encaustic wax, feather it, flock it, fleece it or frottage it!
Requirements & Terms:
- Attach your name (and title if submitting multiple works) to the front. We use this tag to match your artwork with the wall label once it is hung.
- Artwork must be 12 inches wide by 12 inches high. Depth size is optional. A canvas is included with the entry fee, but you may use or make your own 12” x 12” canvas/panel/base.
- Artists may enter more than one artwork. The $20 fee applies to each artwork.
- Framing and hanging hardware is not required if artwork can be hung from stretcher bar.
- A donation of 30% to CAC is suggested on all sales in this exhibit.
- Artworks may not be removed prior to the close of the exhibition, nor will sold artworks be released early.
- Works submitted must be completely dry.
- Work determined by the director to be too fragile for safe handling and/or display will not be accepted.
- An online entry form (below) must be filled out, either prior to deliver of artwork or at the gallery. This entry form gives us your mailing address should we need to send you payment for your sold artwork and releases Chico Art Center of liability.
Community Altar Exhibit
CALL FOR ALTARS
In the spirit of El Dia de los Muertos, artists and community partners are invited to create an altar that honors public health issues. Your altar may honor specific people and represent an organization that offers community support services. Example organizations could be Safe Space, Trust & Believe, Butte Humane Society, CHIP, BEC, etc.
To reserve a wall space or ask questions, please contact Gallery Director Cameron Kelly at 4158234418 or gallerydirectorcac[at]gmail.com
Exhibit: November 4 - 26, 2023 in conjunction with the Small Works Exhibit
Night of Altars Reception: Saturday, November 4, 5:00 -7:00 PM
Install: October 28-29 | Pick Up: November 27, 2023
Reference Articles and Images
‘Keep saying their names’: Coeur d’Alene Casino conference acknowledges Missing and Murdered Indigenous People
- Each altar has a dedicated wall, 48 inches wide, 10 feet tall.
- The wall surface is plywood, so heavy objects or shelving may be anchored with screws.
- Pedestals of many heights and widths are available to be used for stacking altar "levels" or for simply using as a tabletop surface.
8 walls are available