CHICO, OUR HOMETOWN
May 7 - 26, 2023
CALL FOR ART
Entry Fee: $10 per Artwork/ Students Free
Drop Off: April 30-May 1 | Pick Up: May 27, 2023
Enter artwork of any media or size that is reminiscent of Chico. This is a jury-free exhibit for all ages to participate!
Requirements & Terms:
- Artwork must be able to be lifted by one person
- 2D artwork must be ready to hang
- Artists may enter more than one artwork
- Please attach your name to the front of the artwork (on the glass or durable surface). We use this tag to match your artwork with the wall label once it is hung. Do not tape tag on a gilded frame. If entering more than one work, include the title on the tag.
- Works must not have been previously shown at the Chico Art Center gallery or gift shop
- A donation of 30% to CAC is suggested on all sales in this exhibit.
- Artworks may not be removed prior to the close of the exhibition, nor will sold artworks be released early.
- Works submitted must be completely dry.
- Objects determined by the Gallery Director to be too fragile for safe handling and/or display may be disqualified
- Imagery with profanity or defamatory of an individual or entity may be determined inappropriate by the Gallery Director or Board of Directors.
How to submit:
- Fill out this online form by May 1, 2023
- The form requests a brief, one paragraph artist statement that relates the subject matter to Chico
- For questions contact email@example.com
Sunday, May 7, 12:00 -5:00 PM
Join the party!
Chico Art Center will host Market Vendors on the deck, music, and yART sale. Businesses, Artists and Organizations on Orange Street will also be open with special celebrations all day, including Orange Street Consignment, Idea Fab Labs, Sparkle Studio and Mains'l.
CALL FOR VENDORS
Sell your art and design work on the deck of the Chico Train Depot. We will have tables and chairs with table cloths available. Only one table per artist. We have a limited number of spots available.
- Fee: $25
- Set Up May 7, between 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Artists must be equipped to make sales transactions (ie. Venmo, Square, PayPal, cash, etc.). Wifi is available.
- Electricity is not available on the deck but is available in the classrooms.
- There is a ramp to the deck at the north end of the depot.
- All participants must have a valid California state seller's permit, required by state law. Applicants must provide proof when requested, no exceptions. If you don't have one and want to participate in this event, you can apply for a free seller’s permit HERE.
For questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org