CALL FOR ART
Chico Art Center seeks augmented artworks as well as 3D printed artwork combined with animation for a mixed reality experience in our gallery for September 2019. Printed wall work with animation, and 3d printed objects with animation accepted.
The exhibition will be designed for mobile devices. Audience participants will download the apps designed for this exhibition for use on their personal smart devices.
For questions contact Cameron Kelly email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply by filling out the online form below by Sunday, August 18, 11:59 PM, 2019.
- Application fee: $25 Member/ $35 Non-Member for 1- 4 works. Submit additional artworks for $10 each.
- You will be asked to submit:
- 2D- Upload a static file (png, jpg, jpeg, gif, pdf, tiff) of proposed printed work along with the animation (.fbx). This is how we will jury your work. If selected, you will ship the printed 2D or 3D artwork.
- 3D- If your work is a 3D print, upload a static file (.obj) that resembles the object, as well as an animation file (.fbx). You will ship the physical 3D object.
- Brief artist statement for each proposed artwork.
ELIGIBILITY, REQUIREMENTS and TERMS
- Artwork with custom apps are accepted. Include app info with application.
- If you do not currently have an animated artwork that is uploaded to an AR app, that’s ok! Upload your animation formatted as an .fbx file to the online application form, and our 3d technical artist will program your animation to play with an app designed for this exhibition.
- Works must not have been previously shown at the Chico Art Center gallery or gift shop.
- Images/videos should accurately represent works being submitted for exhibition at Chico Art Center. High resolution images are preferred for printed media promotions if selected (Preferred but not required: 300 dpi, min. size 4 x 6 inches, .jpg, .jpeg, .TIFF accepted).
- Framed 2D Artwork must be ready to hang using securely attached eye-hooks or D rings and braided wire. NO saw tooth hangers. Unframed canvases may be hung by the stretcher bar.
- 2D & 3D artworks must be able to be lifted and moved safely by one person and pass through a standard size door frame.
- Accepted work determined by the gallery director to be too fragile for safe handling and/or display may be disqualified.
- Accepted artworks not adequately meeting these requirements may be withheld from this exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for delivering the work to the gallery at the agreed upon time. Artists will also be responsible for any and all expenses for the return of all artworks exhibited at CAC back to the artist or owners of lent work.
- Entry deadline is August 18, 11:59 PM, 2019
- Notification by Email of Juror Results by August 22, 2019
- Opening Reception: Friday, September 6, 5:00-7:00 pm
- Last public day of exhibition: Friday, September 27, 4:00 pm
DELIVERY AND SHIPPING
If you are providing additional devices, they must be received between Aug 23- Sept 1, 2019. Gallery Hours are weekdays noon-4pm, weekends 10am-4pm at 450 Orange Street. Shipping artwork to and from the exhibit is the responsibility of the artist. Please specify to shipper that packages must be delivered during gallery hours. All shipped work must be insured and return labels prepaid by the artist enclosed with the shipped work. Shipped work will be returned within 30 days of the end of the exhibit. Ship to: 450 Orange Street, Suite 6, Chico, CA, 95928.
SALES & COMMISSION
Sales money goes directly to the artist. Payment to artist is sent to address of artist within 30 days after the last day of the exhibition. A 30% donation is suggested for sales resulting from this exhibition. Sold works are to remain in the exhibition until its official closing date.
General Exhibition Information
Chico was named Best Place to See Art by Chico News & Review's Best of Chico 2017 and one of the nation’s best art communities in the Sunset publication, 100 Best Small Art Towns in America by author John Villani. Since its inception in 1956, the Chico Art Center’s mission has been to foster and promote the arts. We strive to help our community appreciate the importance of the visual arts in our society. Through exhibitions in the gallery, the diversity of talent that surrounds us is highlighted and recognized.
Chico Art Center Responsibilities
The Chico Art Center (CAC) works in partnership with artists to put on quality, professional gallery shows. CAC will be responsible for installing and promoting the show and hosting a reception for the artists. CAC will also facilitate sales of work shown in the gallery. Most exhibits are two, or more person shows and CAC will match artists it believes will create an interesting, thought provoking exhibition. CAC reserves the right to use images of artist's artwork with attribution to promote CAC. CAC has sole discretion in selecting the works to install, as well as the gallery layout of all works within a show. CAC has an email list of 1500 members, interested parties and community VIP’s who are electronically notified of show events.
The CAC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community based organization. All sales from the gallery go directly to the artist. To help defray the cost of operating and promoting the gallery and credit card merchant service fees, we suggest that artists donate to CAC, 30% of any sales made during their exhibit.
Artists will cooperate in publicizing the exhibition by providing images for use on the postcard and by providing biographical information, in a timely fashion (usually within one month before the show).
Artists are responsible for insuring their artworks while at CAC should they desire insurance. The CAC does not insure work exhibited in the gallery, however, we do have an alarm system, and a docent is on duty during normal gallery hours. The artists accept responsibility for all work delivered to CAC. A release of liability waiver will be sent must be submitted.
Artists are encouraged to attend the opening reception for their show. Most people who attend the reception enjoy meeting the artists. It is best if the artist is prepared to speak about their work at the reception.