Like to write about art?
Do you enjoy thinking about the relationship between art and life? Do you enjoy discussing local art in comparison to art historical movements? We'd like to hear from you! Perhaps there is an artist or exhibit in 2024 at Chico Art Center you'd like to write about. Email Gallery Director, Cameron Kelly at gallerydirectorcac[at]gmail.com with subject "I Art".
Propose An Exhibition
Do you have a group, solo show, juried show theme or public engagement idea? Please email the following to gallery director, Cameron Kelly at gallerydirectorcac[at]gmail.com in the form of a google slideshow (preferred), google doc, Word Doc or PDF. Title subject of email "Exhibit Proposal at CAC". Proposals are accepted until July 31 for consideration of the following year. Please address the info needed below and thank you for your interest!
- Your contact info and any website or social media platforms you'd like to share about your work or proposed exhibit.
- A brief description of your proposed exhibit, including approximately how many artworks and their sizes.
- Please provide images of your proposed artwork or images of artwork that represents the proposed artwork you plan to make or organize.
- Does the exhibit bring awareness around environmental issues such as water and energy conservation, climate mitigation, relief and recovery; as well as civic engagement; social justice and community engagement; and public health?
- In which year would you like to exhibit?
- Are there particular months or dates that you are not available to deliver, install, exhibit or pick up artwork?