HOW TO APPLY
- Apply by filling in the online form below by Sunday, January 13, 11:59 PM, 2019. If you cannot complete the online form, contact the gallery director. Works are juried by digital image only. Each entry must have one digital image of the entire work. For questions contact Cameron Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no fee to apply.
Entry deadline is January 13, 11:59 PM, 2018
Notification of Juror Results by January 19, 2019
Receive Artworks to CAC by February 2-3, 2019
Opening Reception: Friday, February 8, 5:00-7:00 pm
Last public day of exhibition: Friday, March 1, 4:00 pm
Pick up artwork: (no work is released before end of show): Saturday- Sunday,March 2-3, 10:00 am-4:00 pm
DELIVERY AND SHIPPING
Shipped artwork will be accepted between January 28- February 2, 2019. Hand-delivered artwork will be accepted February 2- 3. Gallery Hours are weekdays noon-4pm, weekends 10am-4pm at 450 Orange Street. Shipping artwork to and from the exhibit is the responsibility of the artist. All shipped work must be prepaid by the artist including return labels enclosed with the shipped work. Shipped work will be returned within 30 days of the end of the exhibit. Ship to: 450 Orange Street, Suite 6, Chico, CA, 95928.
SALES & COMMISSION
Sales money goes directly to the artist. Payment to artist is sent to address of artist within 30 days after the last day of exhibition. A 30% donation is sugguested for sales resulting from this exhibition. Sold works are to remain in the exhibition until its official closing date.
ELIGIBILITY, REQUIREMENTS and TERMS
- Works must not have been previously shown at the Chico Art Center gallery or Gift Shop.
- Framed 2D Artwork must be ready to hang using securely attached eye-hooks or D rings and braided wire. NO saw tooth hangers. Unframed canvases may be hung by the stretcher bar.
- Artist must provide all media such as monitors, speakers, projectors, computers, etc.
- All works are encouraged to be listed for sale. A 30% donation is suggested for sales resulting from this exhibition.
- Artworks must be able to be moved safely by one person.
- Accepted work determined by the gallery director to be too fragile for safe handling and/or display may be disqualified.
- All submitted work must be completely dry! (Tacky to the touch does not constitute being dry!)
- Accepted artworks not adequately meeting these requirements may be withheld from this exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for delivering the work to the gallery at the agreed upon time. Artists will also be responsible for any and all expenses for the return of all artworks exhibited at CAC back to the artist or owners of lent work.
General Exhibition Information
Chico was named Best Place to See Art by Chico News & Review's Best of Chico 2017 and one of the nation’s best art communities in the Sunset publication, 100 Best Small Art Towns in America by author John Villani. Since its inception in 1956, the Chico Art Center’s mission has been to foster and promote the arts. We strive to help our community appreciate the importance of the visual arts in our society. Through exhibitions in the gallery, the diversity of talent that surrounds us is highlighted and recognized.
Chico Art Center Responsibilities
The Chico Art Center (CAC) works in partnership with artists to put on quality, professional gallery shows. CAC will be responsible for installing and promoting the show and hosting a reception for the artists. CAC will also facilitate sales of work shown in the gallery. Most exhibits are two, or more person shows and CAC will match artists it believes will create an interesting, thought provoking exhibition. The CAC reserves the right to put together an exhibit that will present the artist’s work in the best possible way. CAC will have sole discretion in selecting the works to install, as well as the gallery layout of all works within a show. CAC has an email list of 1500 members, interested parties and community VIP’s who are electronically notified of show events.
The CAC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community based organization. All sales from the gallery go directly to the artist. To help defray the cost of operating and promoting the gallery and credit card merchant service fees, we suggest that artists donate to CAC, 30% of any sales made during their exhibit.
Artists will cooperate in publicizing the exhibition by providing images for use on the postcard and by providing biographical information, in a timely fashion (usually within one month before the show).
Artists are responsible for insuring their artworks while at CAC should they desire insurance. The CAC does not insure work exhibited in the gallery, however, we do have an alarm system, and a docent is on duty during normal gallery hours. The artists accept responsibility for all work delivered to CAC. A release of liability waiver will be sent must be submitted.
Artists are encouraged to attend the opening reception for their show. Most people who attend the reception enjoy meeting the artists. It is best if the artist is prepared to speak about their work at the reception.