HOW TO APPLY
- Apply by filling in the online form below by Friday, August 23, 11:59 PM, 2019. If you cannot complete the online form, contact the gallery director, Cameron Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Works are juried by digital image only. Each entry must have one digital image of the entire work.
- No entry fee. You may submit up to 5 artworks.
- You will be asked for a brief artist statement for each proposed artwork. This statement may be included in the object (wall) label and used to promote your artwork. The statement is meant to provide context.
ELIGIBILITY, REQUIREMENTS and TERMS
- Artists of all ages are welcome! Kiddos too!
- All media is welcome, as long as artwork weighs less than 5lbs. and can be hung from a hook. Your work will be displayed between the train car windows. To preserve the interior wall, artwork is hung from a cord stretched between the windows.
- Images should accurately represent works being submitted for exhibition. High resolution images are preferred for printed media promotions if selected (Preferred but not required: 300 dpi, min. size 4 x 6 inches, jpg, jpeg, TIFF, PSD, mov accepted).
- Works must not have been previously shown at the Chico Art Center gallery or gift shop.
- Framed 2D Artwork must be ready to hang using securely attached eye-hooks or D rings and braided wire. NO saw tooth hangers.
- Accepted work determined by the gallery director to be too fragile for safe handling and/or display may be disqualified.
- Accepted artworks not adequately meeting these requirements may be withheld from this exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for delivering the work to the gallery at the agreed upon time. Artists will also be responsible for any and all expenses for the return of all artworks exhibited at CAC back to the artist or owners of lent work.
Entry deadline is Friday, August 23, 11:59 PM, 2019.
Notification by Email of Juror Results by Aug 25, 2019
Receive Artworks to CAC Sept. 1, 2019
Opening Reception: Friday, Sept. 6, 5:00-7:00 pm
Last public day of exhibition: Friday, Sept 27, 4:00 pm
Pick up artwork: (no work is released before end of show): Saturday- Sunday, Sept. 28-29, 7:00 am-3:00 pm
DELIVERY AND SHIPPING
DELIVERY IN PERSON: Due to limited storage space, hand-delivered artwork will be accepted Sat- Sun, Aug. 31-Sept. 1. Gallery Hours are 10am-4pm at 450 Orange Street.
SHIPPING: Shipped artwork will be accepted between Aug. 26-31, 2019. Please make sure artwork is scheduled to deliver during gallery hours; M-F 12:00 (noon) - 4:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-4:00pm. Shipping artwork to and from the exhibit is the responsibility of the artist. All shipped work must be prepaid by the artist including return labels enclosed with the shipped work. Shipped work will be returned within 30 days of the end of the exhibit. Please ship to: 450 Orange Street, Suite 6, Chico, CA, 95928. TIP: USPS does not offer pre-paid return shipping, but you may send postage in the correct amount. UPS and FedEx do offer prepaid shipping.
SALES & COMMISSION
Sales money goes directly to the artist. Payment to artist is sent to address of artist within 30 days after the last day of exhibition. A 30% donation is suggested for sales resulting from this exhibition. Sold works are to remain in the exhibition until its official closing date.
General Exhibition Information
Chico was named Best Place to See Art by Chico News & Review's Best of Chico 2017 and one of the nation’s best art communities in the Sunset publication, 100 Best Small Art Towns in America by author John Villani. Since its inception in 1956, the Chico Art Center’s mission has been to foster and promote the arts. We strive to help our community appreciate the importance of the visual arts in our society. Through exhibitions in the gallery, the diversity of talent that surrounds us is highlighted and recognized.
Chico Art Center Responsibilities
The Chico Art Center (CAC) works in partnership with artists to put on quality, professional gallery shows. CAC will be responsible for installing and promoting the show and hosting a reception for the artists. CAC will also facilitate sales of work shown in the gallery. Most exhibits are two, or more person shows and CAC will match artists it believes will create an interesting, thought provoking exhibition. The CAC reserves the right to use artwork images for promotional materials. CAC will have sole discretion in selecting the works to install, as well as the gallery layout of all works within a show. CAC has an email list of 1500 members, interested parties and community VIP’s who are electronically notified of show events.
The CAC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community based organization. All sales from the gallery go directly to the artist. To help defray the cost of operating and promoting the gallery and credit card merchant service fees, we suggest that artists donate to CAC, 30% of any sales made during their exhibit.
Artists will cooperate in publicizing the exhibition by providing images for use on the postcard and by providing biographical information, in a timely fashion (usually within one month before the show).
Artists are responsible for insuring their artworks while at CAC should they desire insurance. The CAC does not insure work exhibited in the gallery, however, we do have an alarm system, and a docent is on duty during normal gallery hours. The artists accept responsibility for all work delivered to CAC. A release of liability waiver will be sent must be submitted.
Artists are encouraged to attend the opening reception for their show. Most people who attend the reception enjoy meeting the artists. It is best if the artist is prepared to speak about their work at the reception.